When Jesus asked the 12 disciples who followed Him, whether they would leave from Him, Simon Peter replied: “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. ” (John 6:68) Friends, Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. Those who believe in Him were born out of death and into the eternal salvation. But if you have not believed Jesus, you are a person without the life; this is the most horrible and most tragic thing for human life. I sincerely invite you to take a few minutes to ponder the eternal meaning of the Gospel:
1. The Bible tells us that all people will face judgment after their death. Although they have physical death, but their spirits will be under the final judgment from Jesus our Lord. People who believe in Jesus and get their rebirth will live in the New Heaven and New Earth with God forever. But those who do not believe in Jesus will fall into the eternal punishment.
2. All human beings, from Adam to the mankind, are sinners, and the cost of crime is the death which means that their spirits will be in the dark isolated from God forever. However, God loves the lost people and sent Jesus to them as the incarnation of God, so that He took a human image and life for telling them the Gospel from the Heaven. Jesus is the holy one and innocent, but He was crucified on the cross for our sins and sacrificed His precious blood as a ransom for us. Then Jesus was buried, and on the third day He was raised. Therefore, those who believe in Jesus shall not perish but have the eternal life.
3. Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to His believers after His ascension, and God selected people to write the Bible with the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. So today we can study the truth of the Bible with the help from the Holy Spirit and understand that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life; and we go to the Heavenly Father only through believing Jesus and then become the children of God.
4. When we accept the truth of the Bible and obey the works of the Holy Spirit in our hearts, we will admit that we are sinners. Because we may lie from our childhood and have many thoughts under the control of our flesh such as hatred, jealousy, pride, self-contempt, greed, sexual immorality, and the like, which fall short of the glory of God. Therefore, the main reason of sinful life is that people do not know the True God who created human beings. Now we should not only confess our sins, but also repent and depart from sins far away so as to pursue a sacred life of living.
5. When we had the help of the Bible and the Holy Spirit to do the totally confession and repent with our faith in Jesus, we experienced the rebirth. This is not physical rebirth, but the rebirth of our spirits and souls; thus, we have a brand new worldview on life and no longer subject to the control of Satan and sins, for we are new beings created in Jesus. Therefore, we begin renewing our lives in Jesus and learn from His model in order to yield good fruits abundantly in Jesus.
6. After our rebirth, we should accept the baptism as the witness of faith in front of our brothers and sisters in the Lord and also express our faith in public, so we may tell our relatives and friends about the good news of our faith and rebirth.
7. When we become the disciples (Christians) of Jesus through the spiritual rebirth, we should become one body with brothers and sisters in the Lord and take the training of discipleship, so that we may equip with the Bible truth and can understand how to tell heretical cult. At the same time, we should follow the example of Jesus’ love and humble through the co-working with our brothers and sisters for proclaiming the Gospel, and give the glory to our God Heavenly Father.
With the seven points above, we tell you the main teachings of Jesus our Lord and hope today you may accept Jesus as your Savior and Lord in your life with a prayer from your heart and mouth. If you want to study the teachings of Jesus in details, please visit the column of New Life in the Lord. If you are not willing to believe Jesus, please continue your searching for the meaning of life by reading articles of our website.
If you decided to take the first step of your faith to believe in Jesus, please use your heart and mouth to do the following prayer: “Dear Jesus my Lord, thank you for giving us the eternal life. I admit that I am a sinner; I am willing to accept you as my Savior for life. I believe that you are the incarnation of God, believe you were crucified on the cross for my sins, used your precious and innocent blood to forgive my guilty, and you were buried, on the third day you were raised. As the true and everlasting God, you give the eternal life to those who believe in you, and then you will come again to judge the world. Jesus my Lord, I thank you for the salvation of eternal life, I am willing to trust in you and follow you in my whole life, living inside the abundant new life for enjoying the peace and joy forever. Here, I offer my sincere prayers to you with the Holy Name of Jesus my Lord, Amen.”
Friends, when you did this prayer with your heart, God of omnipotence and omniscience and omnipresence will give you the Holy Spirit as your counselor for helping you to renew your life in Jesus our Lord. If you want to take a comprehensive study on the Bible, please visit Bible Broadcasting Network (www.bbnradio.org), listen to the gospel broadcasting in Chinese. There is a Bible Institute, teaching the truth of the Bible; we believe you may get the needed help. If you have any questions, which keep you from taking the first step of believing Jesus, or other questions, you may email us. We welcome different views or ideas, and will answer you with our email or article, so that you may know the salvation of God and believe Jesus.
EMTM wrote this article. The second edition in Chinese was published on June 15, 2014. The edition of translation was published on August 10, 2014.
Friends, we are glad that you read this article and hope it may help you. We expect that you would like to tell EMTM about your ideas (email@example.com). So, we will edit and add good points to this article, which may help more people by opening their hearts. You can make a copy of this article or forward this article to your friends and relatives, or post it on your web page of a social network. If you publish this article on any magazines or papers or websites, please indicate that this article is originally from the website of EMTM; because EMTM has the copyright of all articles published on this website (exposingmysteries.org). We wish you could join hands with us to spread the truth of Jesus through Internet, and we hope more lost peoples may get the eternal salvation!